I've made a large number of enhancements and a couple of fixes to my Hebrew Bible iPhone application. Since it's pretty major, I've made this the 2.0 release of the app. The changes have been approved by Apple and the new version is now available on the App Store (it's a free upgrade for existing users of the app). The changes:
- Enhancement: Added Maps for over 1,000 locations mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.
- Enhancement: Added Wikipedia links for over 200 topics mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.
- Enhancement: Added ability to access Bible content by Parashah (weekly synagogue Torah/Haftarah reading).
- Enhancement: Added separate flip-side view for Bible version selection and Cache operations (accessible via the "i" button in the bottom-right of the Bible screen.
- Enhancement: Added a "Clear Cache" button to clear stored content to free up space on device.
- Enhancement: Automatically turn "On" caching when user downloads Bible or Root content.
- Enhancement: Due to user requests, have changed the Bookmark default to "On" so that the picker positions to the last Bible chapter read on application start.
- Fix: Corrected problem with caching of the Hebrew/French Bible version.
- Fix: The above flip-side view enhancement also fixes the problem that people have had (following the iPhone OS 3.0 upgrade) with the "Hebrew with vowels" option not being selectable from within the app.