Normally, when I provide incremental upgrades, I just increment the version number by ".1". However, this second version of the Yiddish Bible application has so many enhancements, I have made it a "2.0" release. I'm quite excited about the new functionality and hope current users will be too. The new version of the app is now available on the Apple App Store and I recommend that all current users download the upgrade (it is a free upgrade for existing users of the app). The following changes were made in this version:
- In the Bible display, touching any Yiddish word will bring up a pop-up window with the English definition of that word. For people who are not fluent in Yiddish, this is an extremely useful function!
- In the 2-letter word search, the app will first bring up a list of ranges of word matches which, when one is touched, will display the individual words and their definitions. This greatly speeds up word searches.
- A different font has been chosen for the display of Yiddish words. With this font, "pasekh tsvey yudn" and "khirik yud" character combinations are displayed with "raised" vowels (as is customary in Yiddish).
- Improved access to an Internet copy of the 1910 edition of "Harkavy's Yiddish/English, English/Yiddish Dictionary" is included as part of the app.
- The font size has been increased in the word search displays to improve readability.
- Some minor bug fixes and cosmetic changes were made.